Friday, March 25, 2011

On My Desk To Read

My generation learned that
George Washington was a premier man of God.
History buff that I am....
I ordered this amazing book  from Amazon.
Not expecting it to weigh quite so much,
 I was shocked at the size of the
book when it arrived in the mail. 
It will take me a good while to read, 
never-the-less, that is my full intention.
-
Dr Lillback buries the myth that Washington
was an unbeliever....under an avalanche of facts.
~Robert P. George
Princeton University
-
Secular historians ignore George Washington's
ward Nelly Custis, who wrote that doubting
his Christian faith was as absurd as doubting
his patriotism.  But they cannot ignore the
mountain of evidence suggesting Washington's
religion was not Deism, but indeed it is proven
 he was  a man of deep religious convictions.
Washington's contemporaries clearly saw in him
his strong Christian faith and his appeal to, and
trust in, "Providence," to which "he regularly gave
thanks, publicly and privately."
-
George Washington's "sacred fire" led America's
path toward civil and religious liberty.
~A. McDougall, Pulitzer Prize Winning Author
-
Listen....to the words as you read.....
The preservation of the sacred fire of liberty
and the destiny of the republican model of government
are justly considered as deeply, perhaps as finally,
staked on the experiment entrusted to the hands
of the American people.
~George Washington
First Inaugural Address
April 30, 1789
-
I hope I've written enough to
encourage you to read along with me.
Blessings......Dee Dee