Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I Spy A Great Blue Heron

An absolutely gorgeous,
sunny windy day......perfect for
visiting  the island, walking on the beach,
and exploring  a bit of nature.
Once on the island, we drove
along slowly
hoping to see wildlife.
We were blessed beyond
words......as you can see
by the photos.
At first glance,  this big guy
blended in with the grasses and
reeds.....We stopped the car
and waited a moment or two...
and then he poked his head out,
just enough for me to see him.
"Oh my, it's a 
Great Blue Heron, Honey," I whispered.
Slowly this magnificent bird  moved along, focused
totally on his hunting skills.....

Kinda took my breath away as
he eventually  moved into my view.
-
Oh, how lovely is the earth this day;
She parades her beauty before my eyes.
If I had only been given gossamer wings,
I'd go dancing with the butterflies.
~Barbara Ray
-
Hmmm....stumbling over all sorts of
His blessings today.....Dee Dee