Saturday, October 26, 2013

Autumn's Cottage Magazine

Times are certainly changing.
I can remember the day when
I found magazines irresistible.
I could sit in Barnes & Noble for
such a long while, looking at
first one and then another. My
favorites were Victoria and 
any decorator magazine. I
remember it quite frustrating, for
many of the pages were filled
with advertisements.

I seldom buy magazines
 these days. With the coming of 
the Internet, Pinterest, 
Smart phones, electronic
tablets....the list goes on....
there seems to
be no need at all to look
through a magazine.
However..... last year
a Cottage Journal magazine
subscription was given to 
me by my 
youngest daughter. 
I did so enjoy each issue
 ever so much.  
They came at the beginning 
of each season.
Thankfully, I've saved a few copies.
They seem nostalgic, somehow, 
so I'm proudly displaying
 the Autumn issue, on a table
for all to see.

Have a sweet ole' day....Dee Dee