Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Village Annual Antique Show

We arrived bright and early,
hoping to scope all the shops
quickly, before the crowds arrived.
I suppose years of buying and
selling antiques, we're well aware that
the dealers arrive early, and get
the "good stuff."
The weather was amazingly beautiful,
just cool enough for a light sweater.
"Hey, how are you? Glad to see you
again this year....I've got some things
I think you'll like."  "We're looking for
old doll houses and  old number stamps,
have any?"

We saw lots of old familiar faces. They've
been there for the past fifteen years
or so.  More continuity of tradition
I look forward to,  wouldn't be the same
without them when we come to the
antique show each fall.

"Don't be anxious Mom, and I'll see if
I can get him to reduce the prices."
We spotted them at the same time,
and really wanted them....for a good price.
What coastal cottage kitchen couldn't
use a few more white porcelain pieces?
I wanted the bowl and she wanted
the large white dish pan.

Seasoned shoppers, loving
the bargain game, again we
brought home good treasure,
and best of all, lasting sweet memories.
Have a nice Lord's day.....Dee Dee