Tuesday, October 18, 2011

My Place-Occupied

I walked along the northern
part of the island, finding shallow
pools and Sea Grape trees
dotting the landscap.
 A storm was brewing out in the waters.
The sea gulls and other small birds
were having trouble keeping their
footing. 
 I was content, allowing my
cotton tresses to flail about,
as I felt the coolness of the
autumn wind against my skin. 
 I saught santuary, as 
I walked toward the swing.
A  secluded place, 
special to me,
I found it this time
 occupied.
-
She set  in my place.
When the storm came,
would she talk to Him
there,
where she could see
His power
 with her own eyes?
She sat 
 on sturdy
wooden planks
 that would
withstand the
 physical storm,
allowing
 the rain water  
to consume her
heavy thoughts
 as she formed
them into
 prayers.
-
Blessings....Dee Dee