Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Pink In The Garden

Here on the gulf coast of Florida,
we've had quite an influx of tourist
vacationers and winter visitors. 
 They are mightily
welcomed by everyone here,
to share in our
glorious warm weather and sunshine.
Evidence of their presence has come 
to my attention in more ways than one....
traffic, long lines in the grocery store,
long waits in the restaurants and
now I've found potted flowers to be
scarce. Yesterday I began searching
 for hanging flowers baskets. 
 To my dismay, their
were few to be found!  
Those rascally wintertime
vacationers had obviously been buying
lots of flowers.  After visiting several
nurseries, I found one pretty ole' thing
to bring home with me.
One gloriously beautiful pink 
Mandavilla.

I have others planted in a large pot,
and could be no more pleased to have
found another in a hanging basket.


It will do nicely when the temps begin
reaching into the 90s.

As flowers carry dewdrops, trembling
on the edges of the petals, and ready to
 fall at the first waft of the wind or brush
of bird, so the heart should carry its beaded
words of thanksgiving. ~Beecher

Have a sweet ole' day, everyone.  Dee Dee