Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Another Prayer Scarf

It takes me a while to crochet
a nice long scarf.
I'm at it again tonight, one stitch
 after another, slowly
but surely, it's coming along,
a prayer scarf.  I've made quite a few of these.
When my grandson was
in Afghanistan, I sent him a "prayer scarf". 
 I  used  a camouflage yarn....
green and black.  I prayed
for him  off and on the whole
time I crocheted,
asking God's protection for him. 
 The day he received it, he
began showing it to the guys in his company,
calling it a prayer scarf. 
One by one these young marines
began asking if he could
get his grandmother to
make them one.....so long hours
of work  began. Day after day,
week after week, month after month, I
stitched  and prayed.  Each young
soldier that received a scarf,
 made it home from the war.
I like to think my prayers
encouraged  each one of them,
 I know the scarf
kept their necks warm during
the cold Afghan winter.
Not long ago, my friend's
daughter was diagnosed
with lymphoma cancer....
I made her a beautiful scarf,
prayed for healing
asking  God  restore her completely
to good health. She loved her
scarf and I had
oddly enough selected her
favorite colors. My hope
is that each time she wears it
she is reminded of
God's faithfulness
and love for her.
I've selected a nice brown/beige
tweed yarn for this scarf.
  It's  for someone very close to me,
 a man of God, a pastor who serves 
our Lord with all his heart
and soul.  I'm asking for healing and trusting
in His promises as I watch the stitiches
form into a scarf of encouragement.
-
Please Lord, restore your servant to full health.
Remove all fear and doubt from his heart by
the power of your Holy Spirit and may
you Lord be glorified through his life. Amen
-
Blessings for all......Dee Dee