Saturday, December 10, 2011

Contentment

Oh yes, I am  pleased with the Poinsettias.
They are the perfect color for the living room.

I spent the morning making more
Christmas pillows....
lovin' the little ball fringe,
red on one pillow

and green on the other.
(note bits of polyester fiberfill on fringe)
I actually made them to
give for gifts.
I placed them on the
sofa, stepped back to
survey my sewing efforts....
and began liking them way
too much.
Hmmmm.....I might
just have to buy a bit
more Christmas patterned
fabric.
I've really
enjoyed making several
of my Christmas gifts, at least
half of them.
My thirty year old sewing
machine is working like a charm.
The Mister wonders that I
don't want a new and better one.
At one time,  I
just might have liked a
newer fancier model.  I suppose
I've found contentment with what
I have. It's a good sewing machine,
old indeed but now my pride and joy.
-
Which reminds me......
Our Bible study is in Hebrews again this week...
Chap. l3 verses  7-12 ...Speaks
of having contentment, rather than
desiring more.
  That we should
relish what we have, rather
than resent what we're  missing.
Good words to ponder today....
Sweet Christmas Blessings for all....Dee Dee