Thursday, December 15, 2011

His Special Ornament

No matter that I put
my feminine touch into
decorating
 our Christmas tree,
one can,
upon  taking a closer look,
find evidence of the
"man-of-the-house."
Once
a sailor in the US Navy,
he was then and still
to this day, fond of all
that floats on the waters.
The small blue boat is
his special ornament this year.
Hmmm....
what gift for him
shall I place beneath the tree?
-
Tomorrow would be Christmas Day,
and she had only one dollar and
eighty-seven cents with which to buy
Jim a present.

So now Della's beautiful hair fell
about her, rippling and shining like
a cascade of brown waters.

"Will you buy my hair?"  asked Della.
"Twenty dollars," said Madame.
"Give it to me quick," said Della.

"Please God, make him think I am
still pretty."
-
Reading again, The Gift Of The Magi
by O'Henry
and pondering the message.........
-
The Magi that brought gifts to the
Baby Jesus, invented the art of
giving Christmas presents.
-
Yuletide cheer to all.....Dee Dee