Friday, December 9, 2011

Christmas Juniper

"Poinsettias For Sale"
He's there every year....
I've noticed, but then passed by.
It was my good fortune that
I stopped by today.
I found, much to my amazement,
that the
 large white tent was covering  a sea
of Poinsettias, Christmas trees,
Christmas wreaths,
Christmas cactus, Juniper trees
and bunches of
beautiful arrangements
using traditional Christmas
plants and flowers. 
Grown local and close by, in
Tampa Florida, I was
pleased and amazed at how fresh,
lovely and perfect they each were. 
 I had one of those,
"I want one of everything"
moments, unable to choose.
I did finally make my
selections, one being a
sweet little juniper tree with
red bows... for the kitchen.
"How's your business doing?"
asked the Mister. "Not good,
the economy, I suppose."
On the way home, we made
a few calls to family and friends....
"Go here to buy your
Christmas plants.....you won't
be disappointed."
-
Blessed by the
Christmas sunshine,
our natures, perhaps
long leafless, bring
forth new love,
new kindness,
new mercy,
new compassion.
~Helen Keller
-
Christmas Blessings for all.....Dee Dee