Friday, November 9, 2012

Call The Midwife

I  wished I had paid more attention
when my daughter, mother of five,
told me about "Call The Midwife".....
She had nothing but high praise,
considering it her all time favorite, ever.
This past Sunday night I 
watched it to see what all the excitement
was about.
I loved it!  Sadly I was watching the
final show of the season. 
I did a little research and found I could
watch the complete season ....
all episodes on  www.pbs.org  through
December 3l, 2012
Anxious to watch, I bought  the
complete season today, on DVD,
calling it an early Christmas present.



The story is about a group of midwives, based in 
East London in the l950's.  Twenty-two year old
Jenny leaves her comfortable home to become a 
midwife in London's East End slums.
Expecting to find a hospital, she finds the clinic is a
convent.  Working alongside her fellow nurses and 
the medically trained nuns, Jenny has her eyes 
opened to the harsh living conditions.
She discovers the warm hearts and the bravery of 
the mothers.  Each one a heroine in Jenny's eyes.

I think you'll like this story, as much as I do.
It is intriguing in every way.

Have a sweet ole' day!  Dee Dee