Saturday, November 17, 2012

Easing Into Christmas

I love this time of year!
I'm easing into  the Christmas season
with  light reading.
My bedside table is stacked 
with a collection of Christmas time
stories, thanks to our library re-sale bookstore.
Patrons are faithful to donate like new
Christmas Books each Christmas season. 
 I'm now enjoying "Irish Stories For Christmas"........
 tales of  ordinary Irish country people
 during the holiday season.

"The Miracle of Ballybradawn"
Our tale begins in the year of our Lord l953,
climacteric span which saw the demise of Stalin,
the flight of the Shah, the inauguration of 
Eisenhower and the conquest of Everest.
Not to be outdone, Ballybradawn was to witness
its own breathtaking phenomenon shortly
before Christmas of the year in question.......

I suppose these books provide delightful
reading any time of year.

Happy thoughts!  Dee Dee