Wednesday, July 27, 2011

An Old Friend



I thought I'd died and gone to heaven,
when I  discovered digital photography.
It came to me,  packaged in a fine
Sony MVC FD83 Digital Camera,
several years ago.
The Macro setting on the camera, 
 opened up a whole
new world for me.  I set out to
photograph every flower in our garden,
spending  hours with my camera, and
then hours on the computer looking
at and tweaking some pretty amazing images.
That same year, we had our summer
vacation in the Florida Keys.
 We spent one day in
Key West and I took photos of
everything in my path.
The photo shown here, a favorite, 
 was taken with the
solarize setting on my Sony camera.
The Duval Street sign
with a bicycle leaning against it,
was my subject, but
somehow the whole composition made
a beautiful statement.
"Duval Street Deserted!"
I remember standing  for several
minutes waiting for the
traffic and  people to clear the area.
Just moments after clicking off a few
shots, the area was alive once again.

I still have my Sony camera.
It sits along side several others of like kind.
Technology has moved on and
I've tried to keep up.  The camera
I use these days,  does some pretty
amazing things.  But I suppose
I'll always have a soft spot in my heart  for my
ole Sony.  I pick it up now and then,
....still feels good in my hands.
It's like an old friend that once taught
 me things,  like ..... ragged roses,
and children's faces can become
magical with good lighting.
Have a blessed day.....Dee Dee