Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Conversation

When I finished this little painting, it became all to apparent
I should title it "Conversation."
It was then I began to think about in some depth,
what it is I enjoy about good conversation.
 I'm not referring to just idle chatter, but
good ole, everyone contributing somehow, "conversation."
Having the Internet at my fingertips, within a matter of minutes
I had finished some serious research on the subject. I found that
just about anyone can be a participant in this activity.....that is,
when two or more are gathered...and willing to participate.
So, without further ado, allow me to share with you
what I've found to be helpful to us all.
-
The main purpose of general conversation is to entertain.
-
The Ideal Conversationalist is:
Well-informed.
Sympathetic
Interested in life
Has a sense of dramatic
Moderate
Can draw out the other person
Attentive
Always in good humor
Has a sense of proportion
Doesn't preach
Doesn't take himself too seriously
Not argumentative
Original
Charitable
Unselfish
Considerate
Flexible
Enthusiastic
A trifle whimsical
-
How'd you do?
It has occurred to me that this very subject would
make great "conversation."
-
Blessings for the week....Dee Dee