Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Shabby Chic Memories

It hasn't been that long ago,
that I was caught up in
"Shabby Chic" style decor
 for my home.
My partner in this little endeavor was
my youngest daughter.  We had
ever so much fun and strived to
be and live like Rachel Ashwell.
It lasted about a year, and then we settled down
and got back to normal, as the Mister would say.
It was hard for some  of my family and friends
to understand, how it was that I could place furniture
in my home that had been "distressed." or shabbied.
New life to old things, became my moto and my passion.
It was during this time,
that I did the Saturday morning yard sale
route.  I called it "treasure hunting."
Bonding mother and daughter time,  took
place at antique shows and estate sales.
And then, one day,
almost
as quickly as it had begun,
it was over.
-
As I placed fresh flowers on the bedside
table this morning, I stood for a moment
or two and gazed at  two items
from my Shabby Chic days.....two items
I've been unable to part with.....
I like calling them
sweet mementos.
A small antique blue mirror, slightly
distressed and
 a sweet little l940's
dresser mirror.
They still seem at home for now, but
perhaps when the blue bedroom color is one day changed,
they'll no longer have the same attraction.
Hmmm.....remembering my Shabby Chic days....
Blessings....Dee Dee