Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Kitchen Art? Folk Art?

A while back, we visited the
Farmer's Museum, in Cooperstown
New York. 
We saw prized chickens, of
all types roaming  the  farm area,
pretty much
going about their business.... 
ignoring the tourist.
I'm quite sure they found this lady
with the camera, a nuisance.
I followed  them all over
the place, trying for the perfect
chicken photo.
My persistence finally paid off,
when I found the perfect setting,
great light, and pretty composition.
One large white hen,
standing near a patch of wild flowers,
along side a white fence
on a beautiful sunny day....
doesn't get much better than that.
Today, I looked at that photo,
and created one sweet little
watercolor painting.
More "kitchen art?"
or maybe a little bit of "Folk Art?"
Could be.......
Have a great day!  Dee Dee