Saturday, September 24, 2011

Reva's Flowers






Reva is our next-door neighbor.
She travels a lot with the airlines,
so she's gone from home over long
periods of time.
She came home this past week,
and we had one of those great
ole over-the-fence conversations.
The whole time we were talking,
my mind kept  wondering away,
 fixating on her
beautiful yellow candle bush.
It is massive, growing over
seven or eight feet tall and
about four feet in diameter.
I admire it all summer long,
and early fall it takes on a
whole new look as it produces
seed pods.
This plant succumbs to the cold
weather and sheds it's  flowers
and the leaves each winter.
In late spring I watch as it comes
back to life.
"Take some seeds if you like,
and you can have
 all you want," Reva said.
"Do you mind if I take a few photos?"
"Take all you want."
So today, I spent some time with
the candle bush, inspecting  all of
it's nooks and crannies.  You can
see by the photos that I got up real
 close and personal.
The candle bush
is not your ordinary flowering plant,
seen here in these photos.
I took Reva up on her offer, and
brought home a few seed pods.
However, I'm in somewhat
of a quandary
about where I can
 plant something that will require that
much growing  space.
What to do, what to do.......?
Have a blessed weekend.....Dee Dee