Thursday, September 1, 2011

Hidden Danger

I spotted the little grouping of Cannas
from a good ways off and began my
trek through the tall grasses to have
a better look and take photos.
So beautiful, and I had passed by before......
This time, I wanted to see closer
 the flowers that grew there.

 How lovely, I thought as I got closer to the Cannas.
Tiny little wild flowers were scattered all through the
grasses, and I loved how the sun was spattered  about,
trickling through the tall tree branches.
I could see the lake and thought how lovely
the brown cat-tails and green willows along the water's edge.
Lost in my thoughts completely,  I had not heard
the voice of warning.
"Come away now, the grasses are home to many large
ALIGATORS!"
An immediate adrenal surge allows one
to move faster than ever expected.
The lake, grasses, cannas and wild flowers
were all so beautiful.
I had not known there was hidden danger.
-
Have a blessed day.....Dee Dee
click twice on photos to enlarge