Sunday, February 13, 2011

A Place For Storytelling.....


Lots of plants in our garden are getting little buds,
signaling spring is  around the corner.
The Mister has been busy trimming and cleaning
up....a big job and I do mean a big job.
We have giant White Bird of Paradise, and
a variety of Palms in our garden and they
are "out of control!"
This morning, the sun was shining and the
air was just the right cool. To examine all his hard work,
I walked back between the fence and the
tall tropical palms.
Immediately,  I began having
the sensations remembered from
childhood.  Everything towering over me
left me feeling small, almost invisible to
the rest of the world. Here was a hiding place,
a secret place to play and a happy beautiful place.
Perhaps a place for storytelling with the grandchildren.
"Once upon a time there was a girl named Alice."
-
Enjoying the moments.....Dee Dee