Sunday, January 22, 2012

Found Treasure

I am a frequent shopper at
our library bookstore. Folks
just like me, contribute  like-new
books to be sold, and the proceeds
go to support the library.
From time to time, I've  posted  on
a found treasure from this location.

In a non discreet area of the
store, rare and collectible books
are placed, and it is  this section
I gravitate toward immediately,
 upon entering my beloved library doors.

Bless the angels, for this week,
 I found treasure, seen here, 
a wonderful and  lovely book...

A New York Public
Library Collector's Edition of
Jane Austen's
Mansfield Park.
Inside is her beautifully written story,
and a number of treasures from the
New York Public Library
including a handwritten letter from
Jane Austen to her elder sister, Cassandra,
and Cassandra's charming and
whimsical drawings of British kings and
queens to illustrate in a comical way
the History of England.

Jane lies in Winchester-blessed be her shade!
Praise the Lord for making her, and her for
all she made! And while the stones of  Winchester,
or Milsom  Street, remain,
Glory, love and honour unto England's Jane!
~Rudyard Kipling

Abundant happiness for you......Dee Dee