Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Winter..... Burlap, Linen and Whites

It all started with a Christmas gift
from my daughter. 
Back in the fall she took her
annual trek to Mt Dora, Florida...
to the world  famous
antique extravaganza.
Husband and four little ones in tow,
she scouted acres, in search of
treasure for her home.
Evidence of her finds
are scattered throughout her
little cottage.
On Christmas night, I opened
my gift from her and discovered
one of her found Mt Dora treasures
belonged  to me.
"I think it will look so nice on
your white settee Mom."
"Good idea" I thought to myself.
I did wonder about  the French
writing, hoping it
appropriately polite and nice.
I loved the burlap fabric and
thought almost at once how to combine it
with whites, I had already in place.
I remembered tucking away a few lovely
pieces of  Irish linen .....I could surely use them.

After taking down all the Christmas
decorations, my mind began  whirling
with new decorating ideas, all inspired by this
one new piece....a burlap pillow with
French writing.
Armoire drawers all hanging open,
I found  candle-wicked  pillow
covers I had made and stored away.

They would do well and
compliment some of the other pillows.
  Staying with shades of white,  I had  given the
room a feeling of spaciousness.
My efforts and ideas had  all worked for me,
and were  happily pleasing to the eye.
Burlap, linen and whites.....had all together,
brought a cozy winter look to the cottage.

Good  blessings for all.....Dee Dee