Saturday, January 28, 2012

I Think A Kindred Spirit

This Thomas Jefferson  Memorial
is  appropriately placed in a garden........

I have often thought that if heaven
had given me a choice of my
position and calling, it should have
 been on a rich spot of earth,
well watered, and near a good market
 for the productions of the
garden.  No occupation is so delightful
to me as the culture of
the earth, and no culture comparable to
that of the garden.  Such
a variety of subjects, some one
always coming to perfection, the
failure of one thing repaired by the
success of another, and instead
of one harvest a continued one
 through the year.  Under a total
want of demand except for our
family table, I am still devoted to
the garden.  But though an old man,
I am but a young gardener.
~Thomas Jefferson
On my "Bucket List"
to visit Monticello and wonder
through these magnificent gardens.
My thoughts....a man that
 finds contentment in
gardening, has found his
connection with the Creator.

Wishing you a most pleasant
and happy day......Dee Dee