Thursday, January 26, 2012

Magnificent Metal Birds




Nothing is  more refreshing than
an active vibrant splashy water fountain,
especially on a hot day here in Florida.
This beautiful work of art is the center
piece for a small park we visited this week.
 Located in
a wonderful setting, over looking Tampa Bay, 
it is the  perfect location  for it's subjects
 "great blue herons." 

 Seems when I have a camera in my hand, I'm more observant
of details, and so is the case when
examining these magnificent metal birds.
To allow the whole fountain experience
to take place, I took a seat on a park bench.
The area was quiet enough. The sounds of
the splashing waters somehow had a peaceful
soothing effect and I enjoyed  myself completely.

I found it amazing how the designer of this fabulous sculpture,
 had the ability to create a dry, solid monument into a vibrant,
wet and continually changing work of art.

Look for splashes of joy today.....Dee Dee