Friday, January 27, 2012

We Need "God's Man"

I posted a short while ago on a book
I was reading...."Being George Washington"
written by Glenn Beck.
Not the sort of book you hurry through,
I took my time, sometimes re-reading paragraphs
and discussing what I had read with the Mister.
While reading about this great  man, I
 realized and  quite possibly for the first time,
how clearly the evidence shows,
 God's guidance and Washington's
willingness to follow Him, during the
formatiive years  of our nation.

There is too much to say about
George Washington in such a small
posting space, for he was  larger than life,
but I will say a few things to ponder.

Apparent to me now,
from  reading about  Washington's
  long service to our beloved country,
his remarkable survival in the many wars he fought,
and
his eventual positioning as first  President
of the United States,
he was,
without a doubt
 privileged with having God's amazing protection and guidance. 

Considering the political climate
these days, all of us who care enough,
are trying to decide on how we will
respond to the call of our citizen's
responsibility. 
We're  busy trying to decipher
who and what each candidate is all about.
Do we know enough about them, 
from what we've learned
during the debates, from the Internet and campaign
literature?  What is the truth?  What are
adjectives we would use to describe each candidate?

Having just read about George Washington,
I have some pretty stiff requirements for
our next President. 
He certainly needs  to be Christian, honest, creative,
intelligent, brave, kind, fair, caring, and courageous.
Last and most important, 
 I need to see clear
 evidence of leadership.
 Will he  have the
wisdom that others will admire enough to get in
behind him, and follow his lead?  He must!

George Washington was not puffed up with pride,
boastful or narcissistic, he had to be persuaded
to run for president.
I found a quote by Washington, and this I will look for in
a candidate of my consideration......

"It is impossible to rightly govern a
nation without God and the Bible."

I think if we can find a candidate that
can say these words with conviction,
we've found "God's Man" for the next
President of the United States of America.

Praying for our nation.....Dee Dee