Saturday, January 26, 2013

Phillipe Park

The weather's been perfect, so
we've been visiting several parks
in our area. Mid week, and again
we had much of the park to ourselves.
A fallen palm tree had been
growing this way for a number of
years.  We could see evidence that people
 had walked on the tree and found several
initial carvings.  No worse for
this kind of treatment, the palm 
tree seemed pretty resilient.



I was more interested in the bird sounds and
the trees were filled with a variety of our
"fine feathered friends."  I'm thinking many
make the park their winter home.
I saw lots of Robins and was fortunate
to capture a couple with my camera lens.                                    


This too is a Robin.....I took the
photo moments before he flew. What
a sweet little thing and I'm lovin'
the photo.

Why do birds sing?
Birds do not sing because they are happy. 
The two main reasons are to attract a mate 
and to defend a territory.  Birds recognize
the song of their own species: females are
attracted to a male with a powerful and 
complex song, and other males are driven
away from his territory.

I'm so glad you stopped by.....
Have a sweet ole' day!  Dee Dee
click on images to enlarge