Thursday, January 3, 2013

Sea Fog

We rode out to Honeymoon Island
around three o'clock this afternoon.
While crossing the causeway, we saw
 reason for the streaming traffic
leaving the island.
Sea fog was rolling inland and
our visibility was diminishing rapidly.

What a bummer!  I was so prepared to
try my new camera. 
  You can see by the photos,
 I was determined to do so, and not about
to let a bit of fog spoil my fun.
So your seeing my humble efforts to capture 
the beauty of Honeymoon Island,
while covered in "sea fog." 


The island was quite lovely, even so, and the fog
actually softened the landscape. In this
photo, I'm walking along the water's edge,
thankful for a beautiful vibrant and
noisy high tide.

This is my favorite photo taken today of
another visitor to the island, one not
deterred by the fog. She reminds me of 
Mrs Muir......"The Ghost and Mrs Muir"....
searching for her beloved  Sea Captain.
 You can clearly see how
the fog was closing in on us here.

"Like a man traveling in foggy weather, those
at some distance before him on the road he sees
wrapped up in the fog, as well as those behind 
him, and also the people in the fields on each side,
but near him all appears clear, though in truth he
is as much in the fog as any of them."
~Benjamin Franklin

Have a sweet ole' day.....Dee Dee
click on images to enlarge