Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Shifting To White And Neutral Colors

Here, where I live,
the weather seems more like a
tropical oasis than the middle
of winter. Never the less, I'm thinking 
winter white in my decor,
allowing  for purely visual interest, 
from a small maple chair in the room.


A white hand made pillow has been
placed on the chair......my embroidery of
"grandmother and child," has a sentimental 
wordless message.

The pillow, trimmed with antique
lace tatting, is seldom seen up close
by visitors to our home.
I do so love this dying sewing art. I
found a few pieces at an estate sale and
wish I had baskets full of it.


After putting away Christmas
things, I always feel a little sadness.
All the more reason to put
forth that extra effort when shifting to
neutral and white colors.

Winter, a lingering season, is a time to gather
golden moments, embark upon a sentimental
journey, and enjoy every idle  hour."~ John Boswell

Best winter wishes......Dee Dee