Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Hydrangea

I never quite had time to 
appreciate the Hydrangea
that grew in my garden
when we lived in 
South Carolina. Having 
 small children under foot, 
my mind's focus was on more
important things.
Thankfully, 
Hydrangea required little to no care.
The Carolina summer sun, mid-day, was
brutal, causing the plant's branches to collapse.
Appearing exhausted, the Hydrangea bush
 would lie sprawled out over the ground,
until the sun set in late afternoon. 

Come morning, each stem stood
 fully upright, as if
 given some great curing elixir
during the night.

I've not had much luck with growing
the Hydrangea in the Florida soil.  Long ago I
became content in buying these 
 fluffy balls of floral beauty. Today
the grocer offered a special price 
for two glorious stems of Hydrangea, and
I brought them home to our cottage.
Needless to say....I'm pleased.

Have a sweet ole' day!  Dee Dee