Monday, May 6, 2013

My Climbing Rose Is Blooming

I set this pretty climbing Rose out about
seven weeks ago.  It had multi colored blooms 
all over it at that time. They were growing in
 gorgeous clusters....much like a Floribunda Rose.
 I watched as the blooms 
dried up and dropped to the ground.  I also
wondered  if it would grow
in the location I had selected.  This past
week the rains came.....and they came
for several days. The Rose began producing
new leaves, and as you can see, my
climbing Rose began producing buds.

Florida has sandy soil, not the ideal
for planting Roses.  I used a Miracle Grow
top soil mixture, following directions 
carefully, mixing it with the dirt from the hole.

The Rose plant seems to be thriving....
and the Mister and I are needless to say,
quite pleased.

My visual is to have Roses covering an
arch over our garden pathway.....
beautiful multi-colored Roses....sigh.

Delight yourself in the Lord and he will
give you the desires of your heart. ~Psalm 37:4-6

Have a sweet ole' day, everyone.  Dee Dee