Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Nature Can Be A Challenge Sometimes

I haven't been out to
Honeymoon Island State Park
in a while, and do I ever miss it!
 Today was warm for February,
and I'm quite sure the island had lots of
northern visitors.  The shoreline has changed
a little and they'll  be sad to see the erosion
taking place there on the north beach.
I took these  photos  back in the summer.
Lying  there in the sand are the remains of
what was once a thriving and beautiful
Sea Grape plant.
I remember when the park rangers
planted the Sea Grapes along with
several palm trees.  I had thought
them mighty close to the shore line,
wondering if they would survive
the storms that bring in high and
powerful waves.

Most did not.
Come spring, they'll be out cleaning
up debris and planting again.
Working with nature is a challenge sometimes.
And so it goes......
Have a blessed day.....Dee Dee