Thursday, February 16, 2012

Travel Sketching....Great Idea!



Now and then I just need a little retail
therapy....shopping or mostly just poking
around, gaining new and interesting
ideas. Place me in the artist supply section of
the store and there I will linger for a while,
and usually walk away with an arm-load
of good "art stuff."
The
Artist's Journal Workshop....
creating your life in words and pictures
is my new found treasure.
I'm really excited about this book and
will spend hours absorbing new concepts
and ideas for this kind of journaling........
beginning even with day to day life.
 Click on drawing to enlarge.....

I thought of a recent trip to Disney World.
The grandchildren were there,  celebrating two
birthdays. Young four year old and
two year old boys were
impressed by some rather large boots, while
everyone else was posing for the photo.
The boots belong to Woody,
a beloved Toy Story character. 
I am truly in love with this travel sketching idea,
and feel  it gives opportunity to play, practice and
develop as a artist.

Have fun today.....Dee Dee