Friday, February 10, 2012

Repairs For "Ooooof"

Named "Ooooof"
when he couldn't
say elephant,
this little stuffed toy 
  belongs to my four year old grandson.
Terribly attached to
poor ole Ooooof, young grandson
 has nearly loved him to pieces.
This being the case, on
occasion he's developed  holes, lost stuffing
and has actually lost  body parts.
Yesterday I was asked  by a concerned little boy,
to bring Ooooof
home with me for a few repairs. This
is the third time this  has become necessary.
Believe me, the  little elephant  was all bedraggled.
He had three holes, was  missing his  tail
and had  a  leg torn completely off.

"Will you have him home by bedtime?"
.......he asked with a worried look on his little  face.
"I will, and Ooooof will be almost
good as new."

I'm thinking there's a story to tell  here,
and already I can see the illustrations....

Have a blessed day......Dee Dee