Monday, February 13, 2012

A Pre-Read

For the past few years,
it's become a necessity
to pre-read books before
giving them to our
grandchildren.
What might be acceptable
to some, may not be to others.
Just as movies and television
programs have ratings,
so should books be
 under  scrutiny,  that
our children  read.

There...I have written my
explanation for reading a
most enjoyable children's book,
 from the Dear America series.
It is titled
Across The Wide And  Lonesome Prairie
the Oregon Trail Diary
of Hattie Campbell l847

January 20, l847, Wednesday
I hide this diary under my pillow,
but take it out often to look at.
I love the smell of its coarse paper
and have decided to use my new
hair ribbon as a bookmark. The
blue looks pretty lying across the page.

The book has passed the test and
I'm ready to place it in the hands
of one young lady....a very  eager-reader.
I think she'll find Hattie Campbell's
journey fascinating. 

Have a blessed week.....Dee Dee