Thursday, July 19, 2012

Christie's Hercule Poirot

I've been a big fan of Agatha Christie
for many years, loving a good mystery
read now and then.  When I discovered
Hercule Poirot on Masterpiece Theater,
Christie's character came to life for me.


I found the book in our library
re-sale book store....loved
the copyright was dated l934.
Inside the front cover ,
written in her best penmanship
was the owner's name, date and address.
Mrs Durward E. Smith
649 So Main St
Georgetown, Ill. Oct. l956

I find it interesting as I
read along, I not only see him
in my mind's eyes, I hear his voice
quite clearly as he is in
Masterpiece.

A. B. C. MURDERS
Page 3....
He came slowly across to me, an open
letter in his hand. He read it through
himself, then passed it to me.
"Tell me, mon ami," he said. "What
do you make of this?"
I took it from him, with some interest.
It was written on thickish white notepaper
in printed characters;
MR HERCULE POIROT,-
You fancy yourself, don't you, at
solving mysteries that are too difficult for our
poor thick-headed British police? Let us
see, Mr. Clever Poirot, just how clever
you can be. Perhaps you'll find this not too hard
to crack. Look out for Andover on the 21st
of the month.
Yours, etc.,
A.B.C.
And so it begins......another great summer read.

Have a beautiful day.....Dee Dee