Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Homemade With Love

She helped me select the fabric,
and you can see for yourself
it is most unusual and sweetly
vintage. She is nine years old,
the age when a young lady's
curiosity for womanly things,
becomes apparent.
-
Giggles, curls, ribbons and bows,
she is adorable from head to toe.
-
She loves
bits of pretty fabrics and lace,
using them to enhance her
doll clothes and stuffed animals.
So when I began making her
skirt, I thought it necessary
to put a bit of "girlie" tuelle
peeking beneath the bottom
edges.  I selected tuelle with
a hint of beige.

The wide hem accomodated this
idea quite nicely. I'm thinking
when she outgrows it, she can
convert it to a dressy apron.

Hmmm...handmade with love for her.........
sure makes my grandmother's  
creative heart happy.

Have a sweet ole' day, everyone! Dee Dee