Friday, September 21, 2012

Big Sister

Baby sister is two weeks old......
 

 
"We're dressed alike....we have
the same shirts on .....and flowers in
our hair," said big sister.
 
Hush-a-Bye, Baby
 
Hush a-bye, baby,
on the tree-top!
When the wind blows
the cradle will rock;
When the bough breaks
the cradle will fall;
Down will come
baby, bough,
cradle and all.
 
New grandchild gave me
 good reason to
take my Mom's Book from
the bookshelf this morning.
I'd  forgotten so many of the
old fashioned good things
it contains. Sweet
activities.......like garden,
 sweet potato vine.
Oh my, I remember my mother had
one growing in her kitchen window.
Small children love this kind of thing.
They like Apple Crumb Pie too, and
this book has lots of kid friendly
recipes.
I read "The Three Billy Goats Gruff" today.
The goats in this story were Italian,
having names like "Vinny."  They
speak with Italian accents, prompting
questions from the nine year old. Made
us smile.  Reading with children
brings on smiles and also conversation.
 
Enjoying these sweet times, and so
glad you stopped by.
Have a sweet ole' day.....Dee Dee