Sunday, October 17, 2010

Autumn Tapestries....

While red-gold leaves swirl all around,
Fall's beauty stretches far and wide
Across October's countryside.
I watch, spellbound, as Nature weaves
Bright tapestries of tinted leaves.
~Beverly J. Anderson
-
October is a painting,
A scarlet leaf display
Framed by a sky of sapphire blue
And wrapped in an Autumn day.
~Nora M. Bozeman
-
This morning I was out and about bright and
early.  I'm loving October and it is
everything the poets say.
I listen to the words in their poems more closely
these days.  It is a good time to
think about God's handy work and take it all in just how
amazing nature is.
-
I wore a light sweater and had a new
scarf around my neck.....the cool morning air
felt so good.
The annual Antique's Fair was taking
place in our little village. 
"The early bird gets the worm!"
And so it was that I found
Winslow Homer's
"The Herring Net" for the Mister.

Not an original,  but beautifully
reproduced on stretched canvas
and framed in an old oak frame.
He was so pleased with it as he
placed it on the wall  in the "man room."
-
I hope your enjoying autumn
as much as I am.
Have a blessed Lord's Day.....Dee Dee
photo Google Images