Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Day Was Perfect!




About mid-day, we headed over to the beach, with one
purpose in mind.
We were celebrating the Mister's birthday.
As we drove across the Clearwater Memorial Causeway,
we both agreed this was the perfect time...no tourist traffic
and the weather had cooled down.
I could hardly wait to put my feet in the white sand,
and noticed that already it felt cool. 
As we rounded the sand dunes, it was apparent
right away that the ocean breezes were stronger
than we had anticipated.  I struggled with my long
white cotton skirt, in effort to keep my dignity.
A yellow caution flag, on the Life-Guard shack
was whipping back and forth, in effort to warn swimmers.....
but there were no swimmers.
A line of yellow umbrellas
covered mostly adult people,
 perhaps early Snow Birds,
northern folks beginning winter holiday.
We dined on
grouper and shrimp,  at a familiar place. We've
enjoyed Frenchy's with an ocean view
for a number of years.
Keeping with the color theme of the day,
I took photos of beautiful yellow
flowers growing along the beach drive,
and we headed back home.
-
We both agreed, the day had been perfect!
Blessings....Dee Dee