Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Out To The Island Today

We took a ride out to the island today,
and as is the usual thing,
I took lots and lots of photos.
 I've selected a few  to show you,
so that you might see what a  fall day
looks like here in Florida.
The cool wind was coming out of the west
blowing straight into the shoreline,
creating quite the commotion with
the waves.  I don't think I've ever seen
quite so much activity before.
-
The umbrella photo was taken as
we crossed over the causeway.
The fisherman was out in the
water up to his waist, and doubt
that  he minded that I was taking
photos of his very fine set-up. 
I call it "designer fishing" noting his
 Tommy Bahama umbrella...
love the colors.
After driving all over the island,
we parked in our usual place
near a wooden swing.
 A choice place for watching sunsets,
at mid-day it was un-occupied.
We walked a short way down the
beach, doing the usual beachy thing
"shelling."
The lone bicycle (in photo) we've seen there before....
a frequent visitor to the island...just like us.
 I can never resist taking a photo, always
hoping that  one day the owner might
have fresh island flowers in
the  basket.
Lovely wild flowers do actually grow
in the beach sand, and can be found in
random places.  These I found today...
so beautiful, don't you think?
Got those fall colors going on....
-
I'm so glad you stopped by today, so now
you too have visited  Honeymoon Island.
I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.
-
Happy Wednesday.....Dee Dee