Monday, October 18, 2010

Things That Make Me Smile

Finding little things I can actually use
at an antique fair,
makes me smile.
Today is change the linens on the beds day.
So, while hanging them on the clothesline to dry
using a  hand full  of old fashioned
clothespins,...it made me smile. It also made
me smile again, while  hearing the Catholic Church
bells and chimes ringing out a favorite hymn....
Amazing Grace.  And, oh how sweet was the
sound....
I am partial to pretty porcelain pottery.
The little blue pot shown, has already
earned it's keep by holding a
"pumpkin cookie" scented candle.
Made me smile when I stood
watching the flame flicker back and forth.
-
A small turquoise colored antique
medicine bottle now sits in my
kitchen window.  Recognize
the little flower?  I clipped the
 stem from the basket
by the front door.
Now, each time I'm standing at
the kitchen sink....it makes me smile.
-
You might notice, it's just
the simple things in life that
somehow make me the
happiest. I suppose you
would call it contentment, or
just being downright thankful.
-
I hope you've all found that place in life....
-
Blessings.....Dee Dee