Sunday, October 24, 2010

A Walk In The Woods

Last fall, the Mister and I were back in our
old hometown....Aiken South Carolina.
During our visit, we took a walk in the woods,
just because they were there and we could.
Having lived in Florida for over
twenty years, we've missed the
woods and, the changing of the seasons.
I can recall even today, the cool air on my face,
the rich woodland smells and 
how my surroundings seemed all so  familiar.
It was as though my world
was somehow back in order.
I suppose feelings like that surface,
from my having left a beloved  home,
and long ago settled in a new place. 
-
We miss our old home
and all the connections.... the people
the places and the customs.
We still refer
to Aiken  fondly, as "back home."
-
Today I came across a photo
I took while walking
in the woods...the reason for my post.
I remember
looking up through the trees,and thinking 
how surreal, dreamlike and magical it all seemed.......
I remember wanting to keep those good  feelings forever and ever.
-
Lord bless you this day dear family and friends........
DeeDee