Friday, March 2, 2012

I'm Ready For Birds.....

You would think that the birds
flying south might just stay around
our place during the winter.  Not true.
They fly right on by us, landing in the
garden  for a short stay and then
fly further south.
About this time of year I've
 grown weary of winter and
look forward to seeing the birds return.
I've already begun
 readying the garden for the little
visitors, hoping to have a new variety
of bird spicies check us out this year.
Not to say I don't enjoy the usual
Blue Jays, Mourning Doves, and Mockingbirds.

Last spring we had a little Cardinal
couple to nest in one of the Nandina bushes.
They actually came late spring. You
might remember the photos....and I took plenty.
This year, I'll try again to daily  keep the
bird bath filled with fresh water
  and put out bird seed.
I might need to study up on how
to keep those  pesky squirrels away.
Once they lay claim to the food, they
manage to eat it all.

Have a blessed day everyone......Dee Dee