Monday, March 19, 2012

Singing For a Sweet Sister In Christ


I received a phone call from
a close friend
yesterday morning. 
 She asked me  to sing
at a funeral. Without hesitation,
I agreed,
telling her I would be honored.

Six years ago, this  young woman was
diagnosed with breast cancer.  She went
through all the proper life saving procedures
......surgery and radiation, eventually
finding herself cancer free. 
Five years later,
she had a new kind of cancer.  She
lost her battle this time and is now
with our Lord and Savior, in Heaven.

The family has  requested
I sing "Amazing Grace" and
the trio I perform with,  will  sing
"How Great Thou Art." 
 At the
end of the service, family will light
a single candle, while I sing
 "This Little Light Of Mine."

Funerals are never easy....tonight
I'm praying for those she's left behind.

Blessings......Dee Dee