Thursday, March 29, 2012

Someone Was Watching Me

I bought new linens for the guest bedroom
yesterday, and this morning I washed
and hung them outside to dry in the warm
Florida spring sunshine. Yes, they are
pink Peonies and yes I am bringing  spring
flowers inside the cottage in various ways.
......humming to myself, I was so happy
for all the beauty of the garden and
the outdoor morning sounds.....mostly
quiet and peaceful sounds....maybe a
little too quiet.
 I began having
 strange feelings of discomfort,
as though I were not alone at all.
As though I were being watched.
I looked around......
The Mister was running errands, and I
thought for a moment  he had returned.
I shook the feelings of discomfort off
 and continued
on with my morning garden duties of
watering the plants and flowers.
It was then I discovered
who indeed
  had been watching me,
and oh what a relief!
There he was.....
Such a tiny green grasshopper perched on
pretty periwinkle flower......
not watching me, just minding his own business.


Master Po: Do you hear the grasshopper at your feet?
Young Caine: Old man, how is it that you hear these things?
Master Po: Young man, how is it that you do not?

Enjoying sweet moments of life,
and wishing
you very special
blessings for the day......Dee Dee