Tuesday, March 13, 2012

For Those Called To The Mission Field.......

This past week has been a very exciting
time at our church.  Several missionary
families have been visiting, giving their
testimonies and plans for the coming
year in spreading the gospel of
Jesus Christ  throughout the world.
All this missionary talk brought to my
mind one Gladys Aylward. 
Have you heard of her?

A little research on Amazon, led
me to this book for younger children.
I will read aloud to some of my
favorite little people..........
the story of Gladys, a small woman,
born 1902 in England. She would
earn her living as a house maid,
saving  her meager earnings,  to pay
for her passage to China.
"Inn Of The Sixth Happiness"
Glady's life is beautifully
portrayed by Ingrid Bergman.
True story....of a woman who
felt God calling her to missionary
work in China....
In many instances, Gladys
 risk her life for the Chinese
people she loves.  In a
climatic ending to the book
and movie, she rescues
hundred's of orphans in wartime China.

Tonight I'm thankful for
sweet missionary families
who sacrificially offer their
lives in service through missions.
I'm praying for you, as you travel
to Africa, Zambia, the Philippines.

I'm praying for good accomodations
for  the family of  church planters on
their way to Boston, Mass.

God go with you.......Dee Dee