Friday, August 17, 2012

Tea At Downton

They're English, after all.....
So one might expect to see them
having tea 
at Downton Abbey.

Violet Crawley, Dowager Countess of Grantham
is often seen pouring tea,

and often times enjoys a lovely tea
 outside.....What proper lady would
ever allow sun on her face?

On occasion she has the company of
Cora Crawley, Countess of Grantham.
You've guessed by now that
I continue watching
Season 1 of Downton Abbey
on Netflix....taking my time.
I like the movie is shown in
episodes.

I suppose It's obvious
I'm influenced somewhat
by these Downton ladies.
While watching an episode tonight,
I began thinking of all the
niceties that go along with tea.
Elegant  tea dishes.....
And of course
delicious  scones and deserts.
And, I do so love
having tea ......it means sweet
 unhurried conversation
with the ones your with.
Talk a little, take a small bite,
 talk a little more,
sip tea.....
Ever notice how ladies are
totally engaged in tea party conversation?

Have a blessed day!  Dee Dee