Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Bear Food

The Tennessee mountain weather
was absolutely fabulous!
Having left our home in Florida,
with temps in the high 80s,
we took every advantage of the
coolness offered by the Creator.
On this day,
with camera in hand, I began
walking the mountain road just
outside our cabin. 


Finding these red raspberries,
 along the road, was a
 pleasant surprise.
I recall wondering if I
was  being watched by bears.
I had read that bears wait
for the berries to ripen
completely before eating them.
These were right on the edge
of ripening completion.


Oh we had seen plenty of bears alright,
only they were inside our cabin.
Bear paintings on the walls,
bear statues on the fireplace
mantel, bear fabric on the sofa
and even bear salt and pepper shakers.
Everywhere was black bear motif!


I left the berries on the vines
for the critters in the area.  At
another time and place, I would
have been eager to turn them into
some real  nice jelly. But, I
was on vacation and that was
sounding an awful lot
 like kitchen work.


Know what I mean?

Have a beautiful day!  Dee Dee