Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A Summer Read


I visited my library re-sale bookstore
this past weekend, looking for good reads
to take on vacation.  I found the perfect
book for me, for the fact that I am 
fascinated with historical figures.

"The World's Great Letters"
is a book
 filled with private communications
of the foremost people of world history
ranging from Alexander the Great and
Saint Paul the Apostle, to Thomas Jefferson
and Napoleon Bonaparte.

I do wonder at the disappearance
of hand written letters,
 in this era of Internet, Texting
and Voice Mail.

Hmmm....Christopher Columbus reports his
first impressions of America to the court of Spain.

P. T. Barnum offers General Ulysses S. Grant
a job.  "I will gve you one hundred
thousand dollars cash...."

This does seem a lovely book,
and my curious mind wants to know more,
and as much as possible.

Have a beautiful day everyone!......Dee Dee