Friday, May 4, 2012

Southern Magnolia Blossoms

 The Mister and I took a little
road trip earlier in the week.
Eventually we left  the
highway,
 seeking nourishment,
and found a nice little place to dine.
We parked the car beneath a
beautiful tall Magnolia tree.


This magnificent tree,
 a favorite tree,  
reminds me of the south,
 and the
first years of my marriage.
Our first apartment
over looked the
top of a grand ole
Magnolia tree and I
remember summer moon light 
shining on large glossy leaves,
just outside my window.


Have you ever taken a
Magnolia blossom and
floated it in a nice
crystal bowl of water?
Well, waste no time,
you just must do so and soon.
The fragrance emited
 throughout
your home will be quite
nice and promises
to create
a lovely ambiance
suitable for
summer daydreaming
and book reading.

Oh....summertime and the livin' is easy....Dee Dee
click on photos to enlarge