Sunday, November 27, 2011

An Interesting Story

Looks like a nice place to worship....
Pleasant Hill Baptist, Chatham County
North Carolina.  I found the photo
searching on google for old country
churches in North Carolina.
Can't go wrong with a search like
that, and as luck would have it, I
found a Baptist church.
To know me, is to know I love old
churches.  My fondness for them goes
way back to early childhood. 
 Most of my kinfolks(southern expression) attended
churches that look much like the one seen here.
During revivals, homecomings and
other special church  occasions,
I had the pleasure of visiting these
sweet ole'  country churches.
In those days, we moved
quite a few times. Most places we lived
   had a church across the street,
right next door or at lease
 within walking distance. 
-
 All these thoughts
about churches, has reminded  me of an interesting story.
While living in North Carolina, the church we
attended was located directly across the street
from our home.
 One night my eight year old
sister, either had a dream or perhaps
an actual vision.
 A bright light shining through 
her bedroom window had awakened her. 
 It is then she claims to have seen
 the face of Jesus
in a cloud above the church.
The incident made quite an
impression on her and none of the
family has forgotten that night,
or her story.
 When  together as family, we ask her
to tell again what happened that night.
So many years later, she willingly tells her story 
with the same enthusiasm, as the night it happened.

I do, have a fondness for old churches,
God's house, places of worship.
My home today, is within
 listening distance of
St Michael's Catholic Church.
I love to hear the church bells....
they ring such  beautiful and melodious tunes daily.
-
Have a sweet blessed Sunday everyone.....Dee Dee